Tuesday 22 August 2017

Summer in Iceland

What is a remark of summer in Iceland? Well, not hot weather like in most places! However the loooong days (meaning literally!) when the sun sets after midnight are a sign of the better part of the year here. But the top pick of the summer is when the purple wave of Lupines covers Reykjavik! They are in full bloom usually from mid June to mid July and shortly after the last Lupine flower is blew by the wind the summer is over too.

lupines_reykjavik_iceland

How to dress for summer in Reykjavik?

If you open a tourist guide most likely you are gonna read that it's COLD and you need to bring a rain coat and wind proof clothes and well... tons of woolen sweaters won't be too much either! Sounds like dressing up for winter? Yeah, a bit. But the good news is: it is not so bad! This is true that in Iceland the weather can change quickly and can rain a lot but it's not very cold. The temperatures don't get high here but as the climate is different you don't feel freezing cold when it's only 10 Celsius degrees. And as long as there is no wind it can be quite hot with 20 ticks above zero! 
But even with this it's not a tropical country so summer look needs to be adjusted. As I'm a lady (or self nominated princess😅) I couldn't forget about dressing up and wearing some summer pieces. I developed a way to match my light clothes with some warmer pieces to make myself looking stylish but warm and not too odd for the general population here (Ok, sometimes they look but I don't care!).


country_style_dress_open_shoulder_primark


When I saw this dress in Primark I kind of fell in love. It reminded me countryside style and the stories I have read as a child about village life. But, hmm... now I live in Reykjavik not a Polish village. And as far I remembered, I haven't seen a day for this one this year... With some pieces I would go away and forget but this kept bothering me. So?
Time to get creative!

primark_dress_reykjavik_outfit


I decided to wear boots instead of sandals (which to be honest I don't have) to bring this dress heavier, everyday look. I used big baggy-looking handbag to make this looking like a working woman running in the city not a girl walking up a beach promenade.


zara_suede_beige_boots

If it's warm enough I can go like this with naked shoulders but if not I would add a scarf. It will add up stylishness and extravagance. It would be very mine and very XXI century. I think. 

How do you like such modification of a summer dress? 
Oh! And if you live in a warmer country you can use it in the fall or early spring when you just can't wait to jump in a summer dresses! 

xoxo
Natalia 

Details of this outfit:
Dress - Primark
Boots - Zara
Bag - Benetton
Watch - Michael Kors

zara_boots_outfit_summer_dress
Dress - Primark, boots - Zara, bag - Benetton
lupines_stripes_off_shoulder_dress_outfit




selfie_dress_iceland_lupines

2 comments:

  1. Summer in Iceland looks so gorgeous! It's definitely on my travel bucketlist. These photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lupines are beautiful (we have them here in Austria as well) and your outfit too! Glad that you at least have a few months in which to wear your summer outfits.

    ReplyDelete